Introduction Hotmail Sign In Page
Hotmail came into existence in 1996. Later Microsoft acquired it in 1997 for a huge sum of money. It has another name as outlook.com in recent days. It is a collection of services like contact, task, mail, yammer, and much more. In recent days, Hotmail Sign in page referred as outlook sign in page.
Doorway to Hotmail
Hotmail users are given the option to use @outlook.com or @hotmail.com, both are acceptable. One needs to have Hotmail domain name to log in to the Hotmail account.
Hotmail sign in page has two important feature that every user needs to know.
The sign-in option in the Hotmail page helps the user to access his or her account. One can use this option provided if he is a registered user. He needs to have a username and password. A valid username with a valid password can open your Hotmail account.
Types of Sign-in ID
After you, login or sign-in to your Hotmail account, options are available to update your phone number or Skype ID. In the Sign-in page, the input field for username could be your Login ID or Skype ID or contact number. Skype ID or contact number. These Sign-in options are considered as valid if you have updated the details for your Hotmail account.
This sign-up option is for a new user. After you connect to the internet and launch the Hotmail Sign in page. The prompt for sign-up gets initiated. At the bottom of the sign-in box, a link “New user” or “Sign-up” link will be present. To register a new user, one can click that link and enter the details of Name, Username, Gender, and Password as per the guidelines provided and any other mandatory or optional data to complete the registration. Now you are all set to proceed with the Sign-in page to access your Hotmail account.
Errors in Sign In Hotmail
They are lot of reason behind the error prompt for Hotmail Sign in page
- Page load error: In this case, if you are not connected to the internet, if the internet connection is slow, or if the access to Hotmail URL is blocked, the error page is displayed. Troubleshoot the error to fix the issue and access the login page.
- Username error – The error is caused by invalid details entered during sign-in process. One might make a blunder by entering invalid contact number or username or Skype ID. In this situation, the sign-in page validates the entered details with its guidelines and displays red colored text indicating the error message. For sign-in, using phone numbers the country code for the entered number is verified and error is notified for wrong details. Similarly, for the wrong username, error info is displayed along with that, link to create the new account is displayed. So if you want a new account, you can go ahead with that else resolve the username error to proceed with the sign-in.
- Password error – This is the most commonly occurred error in the process of signing into the Hotmail account or any other email services. After the successful validation of username. The Hotmail Sign in page prompts the input field for password. If you enter the wrong password, your sign-in is blocked and error message and actions to solve the issue is displayed. One way to resolve this error is to reset the password. After you click on Reset password, three options are displayed to justify the reason for resetting the password. After marking the right option the prompts to reset the password or to resign-in is initiated. To reset the password, email details and captcha should be entered. Follow the guidelines provided by Hotmail to resolve this issue.
- Sign-up error – This error is faced if the details related to account is not entered properly. Follow the guideline displayed on the sign-in page; enter the valid username, password, and other required fields to complete the registration.
Precautionary measures in Hotmail Sign In Page
- Password – People forget their password or there maybe hiccup in remembering the password. Click on forget password after the entering username and stick to the process offered by Hotmail Sign in page. By this way, you can prevent blocking your account. There is another option, which keeps you signed in. Consider a case a network problem is causing your session to log out. This option prevents it from happening.